Scott Pilgrim faced the insecurities towards their partner that everyone has in a new relationship:
- Not being exotic or “different” (Matthew)
- Not being famous or cool (Lucas)
- Not being morally superior &/or physically gifted (Todd)
- Not being the right gender (Roxie)
- Not being “enough” (as one person/man) (Katanayagi bros.)
- Not being powerful & rich or “in control” (Gideon)
- Finally, not being self-confident enough, being paranoid (Nega Scott) He beat them all practically.
- Ramona fought Roxie because sexual orientation is out of someone’s control & Scott befriended Nega because you can’t fight yourself, you can only accept yourself.